Adam Bailey <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 17:34:27 -0600
On 12/8/97 1:42 PM, Michael Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote...

> Does anyone know how to change the "From" address for all messages
> sent from LSMPT-Lite? Every message that the ListServer generates has
> the following LONG address as the sender:
>
>          "L-Soft list server_at_Kepner Tregoe; Inc. (1.8c)"

You cannot legitimately remove the "L-Soft list server at" part, which is
a required part. You can change the actual name of your organization,
though I don't know how off-hand.

> I would prefer a simple, easy to read address for our users, like:
>          ListServ@[log in to unmask]

Well, first off, this is an invalid address. Your LISTSERV address is
[log in to unmask], which is a big difference from
ListServ@[log in to unmask], which is simply not correct (you
can't have two @ marks).

So, essentially, you can't do what it is that you want.

--
Adam Bailey      | Chicago, Illinois
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-| "Do not take life too seriously;