UB Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:40:52 -0500
On Wed, 5 Jan 2005, Bill Schipper wrote:

> handling this.    Even your system is sending out your address with the
> domain name in upper case:
>
> QUOTE:  From: "Patrick B. O'Brien" <[log in to unmask]>
>
> So if THEY are sending it out that way, how can they expect the rest of the
> world to modify how it handles mail?

Not so, listserv rewrites header fields. Listserv will take a lowercase domain
on the way in and change it to uppercase in the distribution on the way out. You
*might* be able to bypass this using the ietf header subscription option, but
that needs to be set for each subscriber and can end up being very taxing on the
system.

However, uppercase is perfectly valid to RFC822 and should be allowed. It
really is the spam software that needs to be fixed.

Please forgive me if I am giving out any incorrect information, this is how I
remember it.

-Jim

--
Jim Serwinowski                 [log in to unmask]
UB Listserv Administrator       http://listserv.buffalo.edu