Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 19:07:12 -0500
On Wed, 12 Jan 2000, Ben Parker wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:48:38 -0500, Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
>
> No.  this is normal.  The PUT command MUST be on the very first command line

  I know that. It is one of those days. Let me start over.  We didn't have
any PUT jobs. :-)  To test this, I just sent in a single mail a DEL job
and a ADD job for the same list.  Here is listserv's reply:

To: Trish Forrest <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Output of job "UDClassList" from [log in to unmask]

Command replies from [log in to unmask] are being forwarded to you.

-> //UDClassList JOB ECHO=NO,reply-to="[log in to unmask]",PW=XXXXX

Multiple jobs per file are no longer supported.

Job "UDClassList" has been purged.

We use a DEL job to remove all students from class lists and then the ADD
job to add current Term students to the same list.  We didn't want
listserv sending a list of deleted students to the faculty member doing
the update so we need two jobs to re-direct the del job so that
only the instructor would get the output of the ADD job. The mail
which generated the above message is below with students and listname
removed.

Subject: reply to trishjob (fwd)

//UDClassList JOB ECHO=NO,Reply-to="[log in to unmask]",PW=MMMMM
QUIET DELETE XXXXXXX-L *@*

//UDClassList JOB ECHO=NO,reply-to="[log in to unmask]",PW=MMMMM
QUIET ADD XXXXXXX-L DD=AXXXXXXX-L
//AXXXXXXX-L DD *
subscribers removed
/*