Richard Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:17:35 +0000
I am thinking of setting up a moderated mailing list for the
automatic identification industry primarily focussed on bar code.

The automatic identification industry is focussed around automating
the process of getting information into and out of computers, through
use of scanners, printers, portable terminals, and software. Bar code
is one type of auto ID but the sector includes magnetic stripe and
smart cards, biometrics (retina and fingerprint scanning, face and
voice recogntion), a variety of tags that can be sensed from a
distance and technologies such as OCR and magnetic inks.

As I do not post to this list please repond to me in person at

Thanks and regards

Richard Lucas
Richard Lucas General Manager
SKK Systemy Kodow Kreskowych
[log in to unmask] http://www.skk.com.pl
ul. Cystersow 18, Cracow 31-553, Poland
tel +48(0)12-4131613 (four lines)  fax +48(0)12-4139200
free report on bar coding by autoresponder send any or no message to [log in to unmask]