Eric Thomas <ERIC@FRECP11>
Fri, 23 Jan 1987 17:29 SET
  The distribution of the  PEERS NAMES file failed at some  nodes with an error
32 from DMSDDL.  The affected nodes  were UBVM,  RITVM, all Canadian  nodes and
another node I have  forgotten. I'd say one of the servers  in the path trashed
one record off the  file and it caused all servers down the  path to forward an
invalid file. The problem is now to locate the offending server.

  If you still have  a copy of the misformatted file, please send  it to me. If
you have  an idea of  which node  might have caused  the problem (I  don't know
much about the  US topology), just drop me  a note. All nodes down  to TAMU and
TCSVM have  received the file without  problem. I noticed a  peculiarity in the
message I got  from the MARIST server ("In-storage peers  table has been reset"
was missing but it may be due to a mod to the local LSV_CTRL EXEC). I would be
inclined to think that the source of the problem lies around SUVM or so.

  Eric