Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:40:03 -0700
On Fri, 8 Feb 2013 16:02:03 +0000, John Corwin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>The MAXBSMTP number was 1000, so I changed it to 100 and inserted the debug message.

Good.  This may resolve your problem.

>At the moment, there's nothing  in the spool folder.  Should I wait until another email goes out before posting the logfile?

Yes, the idea is to see what the log file says when you are having the large
mailing long delay, in order to determine the reason for the delay.  If the
spool is empty, nothing is flowing, there is no delay, so the log will not be
interesting.

Note that in any mailing of x,000 rcpts it is normal for the ~\SPOOL dir to
have many *.MAIL files in it for up to 5 min. or so, maybe even 10 min. But
then the ~\SPOOL empties out.  However a delay of 1-2 hours as you were
experiencing is definitely not normal.