Jim Jones <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 10 May 1991 10:30:02 EST
On Fri, 10 May 91 13:22:52 BST <KINSELLA@IRTCCARL> said:
>We are getting a lot of mail with Headers only, or with just the headers
>and first line of the mail. Generally the full mail also shows up. The
>sample below was for a period of 5 or 6 days. I have stripped all but
>the Sender & From, to give a flavour of the sources.
>Is it a local problem? Listserv problem? Comments?

 I have a mailing list on JHUVM that is having the same problem.  At least
 in my case, the following seems to hold true.

 - Only certain users receive "headers only" mail.  Those addresses are all
   "domain style" names and are either .AC.UK, .CH, or .NL destinations.

 - The rest of the mailing list receives perfect copies.

 From these clues, I'm assuming that neither Listserv nor anything else on
 JHUVM is to truncating the files.  Anybody else have any ideas?  I'm at
 a loss for ideas on how to proceed.

>Thanks. Austin.

 -jj