Farrell Gerbode <FARRELL@RICE>
Fri, 26 Sep 86 13:30:58 CDT
Is there some way to do this already we don't know about?
A proposal for extension of LISTSERV keywords caused by annoyance.  I
can't see any other way to effect this.

Syntax:
SUBSCRIPTION=LOCAL | NODES(nodelist) | same as before
CONFIDENTIAL=LOCAL | NODES(nodelist) | same as before

Semantics:
The effect of both changes is to restrict the function specified by the
keyword to either the local node or to a list of nodes.  It may be
desirable to automatically include the local node if NODES is specified.

Why?:
I want to be able to maintain distribution lists which are open to the
local community and the neighboring region without getting requests from
Israel and Germany for redistribution of their contents.  I can't find
any other way of doing this that doesn't tool around our local users.
The "LOCAL" option seems like it wouldn't be that hard to implement; the
"NODES" option presumably would be more difficult.