"Terry Kennedy, Operations Mgr" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Feb 1991 19:33:00 EST
> We have just recently have had a number of problems trying to signoff
> of 'lists'. I did a REV of the following 'list'. SPLITTGL was still
> subscribed as of today, with the address SPLITTGL@OSHKOSHW -
> Is it comparing the Bitnet address to our domain addr?
> Is the new rel. of PMDF causing a problem?
> There have been a number of people saying they don't get
> unsub automatically.
> BTW, when I had SPLITTGL send a unsub mail message today using
> MAIL> Bitnet%... instead of IN%.... the response was unsub successful
> and she was removed from the list.

  More than likely. Since nodes which are directly connected to both BITNET
and the Internet generally prefer to emit the Internet address, that's prob-
ably how your PMDF is configured.

  I belive that if the LISTSERV in question is running recent LISTSERV code
(most are) it would have processed the request _if_ the BITNET node entry
for OSHKOSHW had a valid :internet tag. LISTSERV uses such entries to equiv-
alence BITNET and Internet address. Of course, this only works if all user-
names on OSHKOSHW.BITNET match 1-for-1 with those on the Internet-style
domain name. If you're running PMDF, this should be the case.

        Terry Kennedy           Operations Manager, Academic Computing
        [log in to unmask]     St. Peter's College, US
        [log in to unmask]    (201) 915-9381