Jose Maria Blasco <JMBLASCO@DEARN>
Tue, 14 Feb 89 14:16:44 MEZ
I would  not like  to see all  the flaming of  EARNTECH simply  transferred to
LSTSRV-L, which is not  the appropriate forum for that. Anyway,  I feel I have
to reply to Ulrich.  We all know that the *only* thing EARN  is paying for now
is the node tables generation. And that because of a very good reason: without
the node tables the network will simply  not run any more. And even the BoDies
are intelligent enough to realize that this would adversely affect themselves.
But  NOTHING   ELSE  has  been   DONE.  I've  heard   a  lot  of   no-ops  and
well-intentioned nice-looking  empty-contents discourses.  NO progress  at all
regarding the requirements  of the technical people. The  relations with these
technical people have degraded  in the meanwhile to a point  which, for me, is
beyond any hope  of regeneration. The fact  that nobody from the  BoD has said
anything in view  of the multiple unacceptable attacks we  have received means
that  they implicitly  support these  actions.  For me  EARN is  dead. It  can
continue to pseudo-exist as a zombie, with  even nodes tables if you like, but
this will not change that it's dead.

  Jose Maria