Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Oct 2003 14:53:06 -0500
On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Siegfried Schmitt wrote:

>>The Listserv software failed to restart. L-Soft tech support recommended I
>>move the permvars.file file out of Listserv's path and restart. That got
>>much further, but now the Listserv software sits for a few minutes after I
>>do a restart (batch or interactive) and dumps core.
>
>This may indicate that listserv crashes when the reindexing process for a
>huge archive file fails.

Thanks. It turns out that one more more lists' *.db* files was corrupt. I
moved those files out of Listserv's path and it restarted fine and
generated those files again. I was pointed in that direction by L-Soft as
a result of requesting technical assistance from them and sending them a
traceback from a core file.

All the jobs that were delayed from last night have been processed.