Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 31 Dec 2004 18:05:26 -0700
On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 15:42:12 -0800, "Stephen C. Nill"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>This
>is what I would expect, based on the description of 14.3.  However, when I
>go to one of our archives, say, TSUNAMI-RELIEF at
>http://charitychannel.com/collaborate/wa.exe?A1=ind0412&L=tsunami-relief,
>the email addresses are not truncated.  I reviewed the new manuals but
>didn't see any way to turn this feature on.

The feature is automatic.  There is no way to turn it on or off.

When I go to your site I get:

>Radio School(s) for Tsunami-Relief (65 lines)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 16:10:11 EST
>
>Re: GIVE Foundation/ Online outreach (69 lines)
>From: Lindsay O'Connor <[log in to unmask]>
>Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 22:04:22 -0500
>
>Survival Techniques for Tsunami Refugees (68 lines)
>From: [log in to unmask]
>Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 11:25:53 EST
>
>Fw: More details on the IRFF response to the Earthquake/Tsunami disaster (211 lines)
>From: IRFF LUX <[log in to unmask]>

which is exactly what a non-privileged user (like me) should see.

Are you sure that when you tried your own site, you used a different web
browser on a different machine from your normal machine and made sure to clear
any/all stored cookies on that machine for your LISTSERV Site.  As a LISTSERV
Site Admin (or at least List Owner) for your site you will very likely have a
stored cookie in the browser that automates your login for administerative
functions.  Since it IS valid login, then you are fully logged in as far as
LISTSERV is concerned and addresses should and will be displayed to you.  This
is exactly normal.

Happy New Year!