Michael Sailer <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:13:31 -0400
Hello,

I have Listserv set up and working properly. I can send messages to my
[log in to unmask] and all works fine. I get a reply back from the
listserv when sending commands.

I can not however send mail to the list. The list name is
[log in to unmask] When I send an e-mail to the list I
get a delivery failure, "unknown user" message from my outgoing mail server.
My first thought would be the aliases file of which a copy is located below,
however that seems to be correct. I did also do a newaliases command to make
sure that it took after the additions were made.

The listserv account is actually a name created on the server of course and
is where Listserv is installed but the list name it self is not a user but
the aliases file should take care of that and route any incoming mail to
[log in to unmask] to "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment" but this does not seem to be working.

Does anyone know why this would not be working. Why can I send to
listserv@datacome-equipment but not to the list name?

The system is a Linux based Cobalt Raq3 which uses a modified version of
Red-Hat Linux but for the most part is identical to Linux.

Thank you,
Mike Sailer

# -- Aliases for LISTSERV server
listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t listserv"
owner-listserv: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t owner-listserv"
# -- Aliases for 'datacom-equipment' mailing list
datacom-equipment: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t datacom-equipment"
owner-datacom-equipment: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
owner-datacom-equipment"
datacom-equipment-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment-request"
datacom-equipment-search-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment-search-re
quest"
datacom-equipment-server: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment-server"
datacom-equipment-subscribe-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment-subscr
ibe-request"
datacom-equipment-signoff-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment-signoff-
request"
datacom-equipment-unsubscribe-request: "|/usr/local/bin/lsv_amin -t
datacom-equipment-unsu
bscribe-request"request"