Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:55:24 -0500
At 11:47 02/27/2002 Wednesday, Dave wrote:
 >I have had several complaints that users have not received messages as
 >part of a DISTRIBUTE DBMS=LIST job. I had chalked it up to "user error"
 >until recently when I was able to replicate this problem with my own
 >E-mail address.
 >
 >I verified that the users in question were indeed subscribed to the list
 >and had the "MAIL" option set. The LISTSERV log file says "Mail posted
 >via SMTP to user" so it thinks the message was sent. The LSMTP log file
 >does not indicate any delivery errors. Yet, the recipient does NOT
 >receive the message.

There are a bezillion reasons why folks don't always get their email.  A
comprehensive analysis would require knowing the userid@host in question,
having them send some test messages to LISTSERV, having access to logs,
using NSLOOKUP (perhaps recursively), sometimes contact with postmasters
and ISPs (any blocking going on), etc.

/Pete