Christopher Ferraro <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 25 Jun 2002 19:49:57 -0500
I can't seem to send the right query to make the subscriber query for
[log in to unmask] return something.  To replace  ZZZ, I inserted the listname
(for example LSTSRV-L).  Is this correct ?

Regardless, I logged into Listserv via the web interface and have verified
that under subscriber options,  this email address has no other subscriber
options checked.

CF

Christopher A. Ferraro
Senior Systems Engineer, Hubbard One
p: 312.939.5000 x 269
f: 312.939.6000
m: 312.286.8466
m2: 312.420.6678

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Parker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2002 7:27 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Rejected posting from editor on announce-only list

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002 08:50:17 +1000, Michael Shannon
wrote:

>An obvious question but is [log in to unmask] *subscribed* to the list?  I
>seem to recall that Owners can't post to the list by default...they
>have to at least be subscribed first.

Not so.  What does matter however is if the address [log in to unmask] is
subscribed to the list AND their subscriber options are also set to NOPOST.
If this is so, then they cannot post, regardless of whether they are
subscriber, List Owner, or Server Admin.

So what does it say when you do the following command:

 QUERY ZZZZ FOR [log in to unmask]