Michael DeGregory <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:41:03 -0400
Hi,

I had two questions concerning listserv configuration.

1) We sometimes need to send multiple separate emails to the same email address using a distribute mail merge. The reason is that some customers have multiple username's and passwords for their accounts/clients. We need to send a separate email containing this information. The problem was that if the total number of recipients was over 1000 Listserv would only send to only distinct email addresses. I posed this question a few months ago and thankful you were able to offer the solution which was to increase the MAXBSMTP default setting from 1000 to whatever we needed. This seems to work but I was wondering what (if any) the max limit would be? Can we set this to 40,000? Also what (again if any) are the adverse effects on LSMTP? or LISTSERV?

2) We wanted to block a specific IP address from sending emails to listserv. I saw an option in the configuration that said "FILTER ALSO" would I just use the below syntax to block the IP address?

*@[IP_ADDRESS]

Thanks in advance.