"Sparks, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Aug 2010 16:24:09 -0500
Yow! Right. Did that once but forgot. Use the listview utility to get a
text copy.

-----Original Message-----
From: LISTSERV site administrators' forum
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ben Parker
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2010 2:03 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: 6.0 Configuration Wizard doesn't like our Owner Information

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 12:42:15 -0500, "Sparks, Michael"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>There are dire warnings against editing the list files directly, but I
>think this particular edit would be safe enough.

No, it is not safe enough.

     DO NOT ATTEMPT TO EDIT  *.LIST FILES DIRECTLY!!

As a "professional driver on closed course, do not try this at home" I
have attempted this.  Changing 1 byte in a hex editor was enough to
destroy the list.  Fortunately I had backups.

The dire warnings exist for a very good reason.  Ignore them at your
peril!