"Helen P. Nulty" <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 20 Jan 1994 16:22:11 EST
We are interested in providing a NEWS READER service to our users.

We have just recently become Internet members via NYSERNET.
We have a 4381 model 91E mainframe, 64mb, running VM/ESA 1.2.1 and
  hosting 3 operating systems...already overloaded.
We have a NOVELL lan (ethernet, fiber).

How can we best provide this service if we subscribe to a reasonable subset
of newsgroups?  How much machine is required; what hardware configuration?
What vendor/platform is most suitable?  What software is required?  Where
can we get our startup questions answered...we are starting from square one?

I would appreciate any assistance.  Thanks in advance.

Helen P. Nulty     315-379-5979  Fax:  315-379-5502
Systems Manager                  e-mail:  [log in to unmask]
St. Lawrence University            OR     [log in to unmask]
Computer Operations, Whitman Hall
Canton, NY  13617