"Russell, D (Duncan)" <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 10 Oct 2000 14:11:43 +0100
Sorry but this is not an answer but more a follow up question.  mind you it
sounds like the performance you describe is completely the opposite of what
the manual states.

Question:
When switching a list from, say, send= private to send= editor the list
becomes public for posting. Is there any easy way around this other than the
somewhat cumbersome default-option=nopost and resetting all the subscribers
to post ? It would be nice to have a moderated private list if such a beast
can exist.

Cheers
Duncan

-----Original Message-----
From: John R. Andrews [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 05 October 2000 18:16
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Using Send=Editor,Confirm

I could sure use a bit of clarification on using Editor,Confirm. Here's
my story.

When I set Send=Editor on my list, posts go to the editor as desired, and
when I resend the post back, the post goes out correctly with the From:
field being the original sender as I want.

However, if I use Send=Editor,Confirm, though the first part works the
same as above, when I receive the confirmation request on the editor
account and reply with "OK" as described, the note appears with the
editor's account in the From: field which is not what I want.

John Andrews