Jim Gerland - Network User Support <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 2 Sep 1992 14:07:47 EDT
On Wed, 2 Sep 1992 10:56:48 CST Adam Floro said:
>First of all, I am trying to 'get' LSVPUT EXEC from LISTSERV
>and it won't send it to me.  LISTSERV says LSVPUT EXEC is
>unknown.  What's wrong?  Should I add this to a FILELIST
>such as TOOLS FILELIST?

No, the correct way to get a copy of LSVPUT EXEC is to send
LISTSERV the command INFO PUT and have it sent to you.

>I'm also trying to get and put LOCAL SYSVARS and that will
>not work either.  Presumably for the same reasons as the
>above problem.  Any ideas?

You should not GET that file either.  Either stop LISTSERV and
edit the copy directly (which is what I do) or send LISTSERV
the command SF LOCAL SYSVARS, edit it, and then LSVPUT LOCAL
SYSVARS (PUTC it back to LISTSERV (I have not tried that).

>Also, we defined a 200 disk following Ben Chi's doc.
>We added the following to LOCAL SYSVARS as instructed
>by Ben Chi:
>
>  MDISK.200 = '* N W L 85 95 //200: public file library.'
>  CHECKMDISK = CHECKMDISK '200'
>
>We told LISTSERV to link to 200, did a STOP REBOOT, and then

How did you tell LISTSERV to LINK its 200?  By a DIRECT entry?

>Finally, where can I find the LISTSERV Library mentioned in
>Appendix A of some of documents I am using for LISTSERV.
>I seem to be missing some of the documents and need to retrieve
>the rest.  Where are they?

The docs that exist are all on LISTSERV's 191 disk.  Look for
* REFCARD and * MEMO.

Jim Gerland  - Consultant, Network User Support           University at Buffalo
Academic Services, Computing & Information Technology     Buffalo, NY 14260
716.645.3557 Work                                         716.645.3734 FAX
[log in to unmask]                              [log in to unmask]