Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:18:34 -0600
Ah, my bad, I mispoke.

The A and MX is *ntls*, not ntls1.

So in other words, the A and MX for listserver.digitalriver.com do
actually point
to the box where the listserv now lives (that box now being called
ntls).

Good suggestion though, that's what I thought at first too...

Best regards,
Al

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:08:39 CST, Al Iverson <[log in to unmask]>  said:
>
> > FYI, on ntls.digitalriver.com we have LISTSERV, and on
> > ntls1.digitalriver.com we have LSMTP.
> >
> > The A and MX for listserver.digitalriver.com both points to NTLS1, so
> > I'm really confused.
>
> Most likely, people are sending to [log in to unmask],
> which follows the A and/or MX and lands on NTLS1.  NTLS1 however has quite
> likely *NOT* been told to actually accept mail for that alias, and says
> "not local" (of course - either it has to forward it, or it has to be a local
> user - and without forwarding info, it gets confused).
>
> If you tell the LSMTP on ntls1 to forward mail for 'listserver.digitalriver.com'
> to the ntls machine, it should work, if this is the problem I think it is.
>
> --
>                                 Valdis Kletnieks
>                                 Operating Systems Analyst
>                                 Virginia Tech

Al Iverson -- [log in to unmask] -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
My spam-related website: http://www.spamresource.com/
Support Jazz in Minnesota! -- http://www.mnjazz.com/
All opinions are mine alone unless I state otherwise.