Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Jul 1991 23:13:16 EST
Hello; I am the postmaster here at Templevm's listserv.  We have several lists
here, but only one is peered.  Sometimes, I will get a delivery or other error
message such as a CRC problem for  mail to be distributed to this list.  Since
the list already has several peers and a non-local editor, I have ignored such
error messages unless they ocurred frequently over a period of time.  I am not
sure if  this is  the proper way  to act,  but my feeling  is that  since this
particular list is only  a guest here, I do not spend  much time on supporting
it.  Do you think this is acceptable  procedure on my part?  If not, than what
exactly are  a listserv  postmaster's responsibilities  with regard  to peered
lists?  If I am doing something wrong, I want to know so I can change my ways.

Stan Horwitz
Listserv Postmaster
Temple University
Acknowledge to: OASIS@TEMPLEVM (or VM.TEMPLE.EDU)