Frank Kuwik <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 14 May 1991 09:22:36 EDT
Listserv, when it builds the from address line, is putting the
phrase 'From Revised List Processor (1.6e)' before its actual
address.  The ATTMAIL service we use is upset with the parentheses
around the 1.6e.  It throws mail with this format into a holding
tank for hand delivery.

We got around the problem by editing the mail before it goes out the
door and eliminating the parens, but this is not neat.

So, can we set some parameter in listserv to have it discontinue
the (1.6e) and just make it 1.6e?

And, though not really a suitable question for this list, we're trying
to determine if the parens as part of the comment text is valid 822 syntax.
Any comments on this issue?