Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 12:01:21 -0500
The 'Join or leave the ... list' web page used by individual subscribers
includes a 'Leave all lists' button, and the 'View or set subscription options'
web page used by list owners includes a 'Remove from all lists' button.

After a few incidents in which someone clicked the '... all lists' button when
they meant to click the other button, we have removed these buttons from these
web pages.

If someone wants to leave all lists, we will instruct them to send a 'signoff *'
command by email.

Only site administrators can remove subscribers from all lists, and we usually
do it either by sending a 'delete *' command by email, or by entering the
command on the 'Execute LISTSERV Command' web page.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator