Hans-Ulrich Giese <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 27 Jan 1995 10:09:00 +0100
friends,

after having had some trouble with users on the IBMMAIL.COM domain
i received yesterday evening the below response. for me this is really
unbelievable, because not only mail from LISTSERV-lists are blocked,
but also all personal mails originating at HEARN. in addition, IBM
does NOT block all LISTSERV-generated mails from other sites.

-ulrich-

Date: Thu, 26 Jan 95 13:27:44 EST
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject:      URGENT !!! serious problems with ibmmail.com

 Dear Mr. Giese,

 I received your attached note from our Postmaster function. At the
 moment, the Internet gateway from IBM Mail Exchange is limited
 to inter-personal messaging and we block access for our
 customers to list servers. This has been explained to our
 customers, but it would appear that some are not aware of this.
 If you receive any complaints from our customers, about this,
 please would you refer them to our postmaster id.
 Thanks and regards

                                   Advantis -
Regards,                    ,,,     The difficult we do. The
    Van                    (o -)    impossible just takes longer.
Ext.(813)878-4752       T/L.438-4752        FAX (813)878-6535