Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 28 Aug 1998 14:31:00 -0400
On Fri, 28 Aug 1998, Suppona, Roger wrote:

> I understand what's happening; list owners cannot edit their headers if it
> contains the Notebook keyword.  Pretty poor design, actually.  I've removed
> the Notebook keyword and have resubmitted the header.  We'll try it again
> after the list owner returns from lunch.

   On the contrary, List Owners can, indeed, edit their headers if their
headers contain the Notebook= line.  They just cannot edit *that* line.
As was previously mentioned, the Notebook= line is reserved for the List
Maintainer/Postmaster to modify because the parameters involve the
allocation of disk space under the Listserv userid/directory.

For Listserv 1.8d, I believe the editing of the notebook= line is only
restricted, for List Owners, to the first two parameters of that line.
Thus, List Owners are free to alter the frequency of archives and whether
the archives are public or private.  Someone will, no doubt, correct any
errors in my statements.

--Trish

Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario
Trish Forrest  [log in to unmask]