Steve Price <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Dec 2002 10:41:45 -0600
On Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 11:11:00AM -0500, Pete Weiss wrote:
> Though you are most likely correct, for completeness, please check the
> archived item with the '99' date and make sure it does say 1999.

Yes.  Checked several messages and each that said 99/... on the
search results page showed a 1999 date when viewing the message.

> Though I have not checked the current version+ of LISTSERV search, I have
> noticed that if a SEARCH is done with a "SINCE TODAY" it will
> occassionally return those items that were post-dated with an RFC822
> DATE: field way into the future.  I.e., it doesn't use true
> archived-at-the-server date, but "user" supplied.

No 'since' is required.  Everything can be left blank except for
the value of 'search for'.

FWIW I found an archive that was using 1.8d and it didn't exhibit
this behavior nor do I remember this being the case before I
converted the lists I manage to version 1.8e.  You can see this
new behavior in 1.8e at the following URL.

    http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?S1=lstown-l

Leave everything as is and enter 'archive search' in the 'search
for' and click submit.  All of the 1990's posts show first in
descending order followed by 2002, 2001, and 2000 in that order.

-steve