Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:30:45 EDT
On Wed, 27 Aug 1997 12:26:51 -0400 (EDT) you said:

>       - How does Listserv go about performing Autoregistration?

It doesn't.  This is a function of the remote server and apparently it
is not set to auto-register mail coming from your LISTSERV host.

>       - What functionality is needed on the remote server to facilitate
>               Autoregistration?

Good question; it's probably something that the local mail server operator
needs to configure so that mail from LISTSERV and the lists can get through
the process.  I don't know anything about Soft*Switch so I will have to leave
that to someone who does.

>       - Can I somehow force successful Autoregistration for hosts like
>               this one?

No way that I'm aware of, since the whole concept is set up to keep mail out
that the remote site doesn't want.  In essence you are presumed guilty until
proven innocent by this system.

>       - Is there an O'Reilly book on Listserv?

No, but our manuals are available at http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/index.html .

Nathan