Listserv Admin <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 10:45:02 -0400
On Fri, 30 Jul 1999, Dennis Boone wrote:
> I had this problem also.  It seems that for a few things, but not
> all, wa is using a hard-coded value for the name of the directory.
> I reported it as a bug, but haven't heard back about it yet.

   Thanks, Dennis.  I did suspect that the URL path in
"/etc/lsv-wa.config" was being ignored, which is why I worded my initial
mail the way I did.  I should not need to put in symlinks for wa to
display gifs, and indeed the 2 gifs distributed in the beta version were
stored and displayed properly without symlinks.  As I mentioned
previously, there is a directory called "archives" under Listserv that is
being used for something else, but wa doesn't look there *either*, else I
could have fixed it without bothering all you folks.

> I also copped an attitude, and patched the binary to use my directory
> name instead of archives, but a symlink called archives pointing to
> the real thing would probably serve just as well.

   I don't really want to patch the binary if I don't have to, however, I
*do* need to find a solution because experience tells me that the symlink
will disappear when someone forgets what it is for or when an upgrade to
the web server is made.  Gee, maybe I could make a case for a new machine
to run Listserv with its own web server. :-)

--Trish