Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:59:04 -0400
Hi Shinn,

It's unclear from your message what you are trying to achieve, or what
you may be complaining about.

 From the information you provided, what would be expected is the
original sender's mail system delivers a copy of the message to the
email service for 'user A' and a copy to the LISTSERV host.  Then
LISTSERV will deliver a copy to the email service for 'user A' also - it
does not try to figure out of the user is in a CC or BCC field of the
message too.

What happens next depends entirely upon the 'user A' email service. Some
services will place both copies in the mailbox for the recipient to see.
Some will recognize the identical message-ID and discard (or place in
the trash folder) one copy of the message (probably the one arriving
later, which is likely to be the one going through LISTSERV).

So if 'user A' got two copies of the message, that is the normal behavior.

If they got only one copy, most likely they are using an email service
that checks for duplicates - this is not a LISTSERV issue.