Gary Lee McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 23 Feb 1994 09:33:08 CST
Greetings,

  It's been several months since I've removed a user and something appears to
have changed.  I've been using the following for some time:
=================
//CLEANUP JOB Echo=No
          DELETE * DD=Names (NETWIDE
//Names DD *
*
*  Do Netwide Delete on Userids we have purged
*
*  Put userid@node here!
*
MAJOHNSON@UMKCVAX1
/*
===================

It still seems to work on this side of the pond, but I received the following
from several European sites:
===================
From:   IN%"[log in to unmask]"  "BITNET list server at TRMETU"
23-FEB-1994 09:03:57.15

Invalid option - "NETWIDE". The valid options are GLobal, LOCal and TEST
(minimum abbreviations shown in upper case).

Should I be using GLobal now or what?  Thanks for the time!

ps As I'm not a frequent flyer on this listserv, I'd appreciate direct mail.
--
UMKC                                    GaryM.
5100 Rockhill Road                      Univ. of Mo. at K.C.