Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 16 Jun 2011 19:50:22 -0400
As an experienced observer of list mediated workflow, I've always found it a mental challenge to deal
with 20 messages all at once vs. spread out through the work day.

Similarly, seeing a large influx of mail often typifies mail problems e.g., mail loops, or spam -- a
condition that always raised my blood pressure.  So for those subscribers who have a marginal or low
interest in the list, manually inducing a large influx could disaffect them.

YMMV.

/Pete