Michael Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:14:51 +1100

> what I meant was I wanted to set that for the list itself (in
> the lists
> own configuration) so all of a sudden in new distributions people will
> actually see the email account which Listserv sends the mail
> to, ending up in front of them.

OK, now I understand.  For *existing* subscribers you'll have to
manually set them to SHORT822 by issuing the command

SET <listname> SHORT822 for *@* PW=xxxxx

According to the manual, SHORT822 should only be used for a short time
or for a spcific purpose.  The use of it may create more problems for
you.  See the Owners Manual p.146 or
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/1.8e/owner/owner.html#_Toc9154362.

Now, having stated the warnings, if you're still convinced that's what
you want to do then you can modify the list header to set SHORT822 by
default.

* Default-Options= SHORT822

Also note that this setting can't be 'locked'.  Any subscriber can
change it to something else if they wish and you may not even be aware
of it.  Your mileage may vary.

--
Chazzozz!!

Michael Shannon
Webmaster

"Before you can grow old and wise you must first survive being young and
stupid." - Ancient Proverb

Note: Opinions expressed on this list are my own and do not reflect the
views, opinions or position of my employer.  If swallowed, seek medical
advice.