Ruth Ginzberg <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 14 May 1995 07:30:52 LCL
I understand that you can help find new sites for e-mail lists.  I am
the listowner of the Spanie-L list, which currently has > 200
subscribers and runs using majordomo on a departmental machine at the
University of Notre Dame.

Spanie-L will need to find a new home by the end of 1995.

This is certainly no "emergency" -- we have more than 6 months before
a change must be made.  But I would like to start investigating
possibilities to see how Spanie-L subscribers can best be served.

Here is a description of the purpose of Spanie-L:

>WHAT SPANIE-L IS:

>Spanie-l is an e-mail list dedicated to the well being of the flushing
>spaniels and those who care about them.  Breeders, exhibitors,
>trainers, handlers, hunters, pet owners, and any other spaniel
>fanciers, are welcome to participate in spanie-l.  It is my hope that
>spanie-l will foster communication between fanciers of the flushing
>spaniels worldwide, across continents and regions, across breeds and
>interests.  Welcome as the explicit focus of this list are topics
>related to American Cocker Spaniels, English Cocker Spaniels, Clumber
>Spaniels, Field Spaniels, Sussex Spaniels, English Springer Spaniels,
>and Welsh Springer Spaniels. Fanciers of the English Toy Spaniels and
>the Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are also welcome to participate in
>spanie-l.

>Topics which are welcome, and well within the spirit and focus of
>spanie-l include issues related to conformation showing, obedience
>training, field training, health and grooming, responsible pet
>ownership, responsible breeding and placement of spaniel puppies,
>public education for owners and potential owners of spaniels, and the
>sharing of anecdotes about our daily lives among the spaniels.

>Grooming tips, training tips, information about ear and coat care, and
>other common spaniel topics are more than welcome.  Spanie-l welcomes
>discussion of the flushing spaniels doing the work for which they have
>been bred, which is that of accompanying and assisting humans while
>hunting.

>Since some of the spaniel breeds have been bred and raised primarily
>as comfort dogs and household companions for many decades, pet
>ownership of the spaniel breeds is an equally welcome topic.

>Show-related issues are welcome as well, including collective efforts
>to build majors in conformation showing, and including announcement
>and dissemination of information regarding hunting tests and field
>trials for the flushing spaniels.  Training issues related to
>obedience, tracking, hunting, agility, and household pet manners are
>welcome, especially when the focus is on the specific challenges of
>training spaniels.

>Individuals and organizations involved in breed rescue, whose primary
>focus is on one or more spaniel breeds, are more than welcome to use
>spanie-l to facilitate and coordinate their work.

>The development, distribution, and discussion of educational materials
>about spaniels and their history, health, care, socialization,
>training and breeding is always welcome.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Cheers & Rrrrrufffs,
Spanie-L Listowner,
----------- Ruth Ginzberg ([log in to unmask]) ------------