Sun, 16 Feb 1997 20:14:23 -0500
TO: [log in to unmask]
SUBJECT: RUSS-L -- Request for Host

King's widely acclaimed series of mystery novels featuring Oxford
student Mary Russell and her mentor, the retired detective Sherlock
Holmes-- THE BEEKEEPER'S APPRENTICE, A MONSTROUS REGIMENT OF WOMEN,
and A LETTER OF MARY.  Besides having an opportunity to dissect and
discuss the books, members can count on receiving the latest
information about Ms. King's publishing and tour schedules, plus some
exclusive sneak previews of what lies ahead for Holmes and Russell.

At present this list is being sent out in a weekly digest format to
over 150 enthusiastic, literate and friendly subscribers, with five to
eight new subscriptions coming in weekly. Our members include a NASA
astrophysicist, a TV/film producer, several mystery bookstore owners,
and occasionally, the author herself.

Up until now I've been maintaining the list personally, using nothing
more than a text editor and Internet Mail.  However, the members are
eager for more frequent doses of discussion, and the list, while still
small by listserver standards, is getting a little too large for me to
continue this manual compilation and distribution.

But alas, my ISP doesn't offer a listserver program to its members.
So I'm appealing to any beneficent individuals out there who might be
willing to give RUSS-L a home.  If you would like to have a look at
some of our digests and find out more about Laurie R. King, Mary
Russell and RUSS-L, visit "The Beekeeper's Holmes Page" at
http://www.golden.net/~rebeccaj/beekeepr.html .  If you would like to
sponsor RUSS-L, please contact me at [log in to unmask] .

Thank you for your time and consideration, and I hope to hear from you
soon.

     Rebecca J. Anderson * [log in to unmask] * Stratford, Ontario
                     http://pobox.com/~rebeccaj
---
 ~ 1st 2.00 ~