David Avery <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 19 Jan 1993 13:34:40 EST
For the last three years Dartmouth has maintained a comprehensive
list-of-lists data file which contains all the LISTSERV based lists, the
Bitnet lists maintained under Unix and VMS listservers, the Internet lists,
and the mail gatewayed Usenet lists.  We try to omit the entries for lists
that are only of local interest to the origin site. This month's list contains
3,319 entries.  We provide search, view and print engines running under VM/CMS,
VAX/VMS, Unix, Macintosh, and MS-DOS.  All come with rudimentrary tutorials on
list subscription techniques. Most have an exit point to interface to a mailer
of your choice.

The Macintosh version uses Hypercard as the search and tutorial engine.
The stack occupies 1.3 mbytes and is optimised to run well from a public
AppleShare server.

The data files are updated monthly.  They are available either with an
Internet or a native Bitnet bias in the address provided for the list.
For more information, send an INDEX SIGLISTS command to [log in to unmask]

 *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *  David Avery
 *   BITNET:   DAVID@DARTCMS1                *  System Manager for VM/CMS
 * INTERNET:   [log in to unmask]     *  Dartmouth College
 *    SMAIL:   Kiewit Computation Center     *  vox clamantis in deserto
 *             Hanover, New Hampshire 03755  *