Harold van Aalderen <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 11 Mar 1996 20:28:45 +0100
Hi,

I have an urgent problem relating to the communication between listserv
en our sendmail V8.6.12.
The problem is that when we send one mailing to a list of about 5000
subscribtions our sendmail forks of so many processes that our 4 CPU
sparc 1000E goes crazy and pushes the load to record hights of 40 or higher.

We eliminated the problem to be in
- lack of a precedence header in the list submission
- configuration tuning of sendmail itself.

Question:

- Does anyone uses this combination of listserv and sendmail V8.6.12 for
  delivery with big lists. If yes do you have problems and how did you tune
  it
- Can listserv insert a 'Precedence: bulk' header in all submissions?
  If yes how?
- Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve our problem.

Greetings,

--
Harold van Aalderen ([log in to unmask])
SARA; afdeling: System Management Planet Internet