Valdis Kletnieks <MAINT@CLVM>
Thu, 2 Jun 88 10:51:18 EDT
Here's one for grins and giggles.

Drew Derbyshire left our employ a while ago, but still has a 'courtesy
account' on one of our systems.

I am on the TCP-IP mailing list as redistributed by LISTSERV.

Some nameless poet posted a spoof on 'Stairway to Heaven'.  I received it,
and from within RICE mail, did a 'FORWARD drew'.  I added a few lines of
commentary, and hit SEND.

It goes to Drew's account, where it is logged, and a automatic 'vacation'
program issues a reply.  Unfortunately, it went to the TCP-IP mailing
list.

Reason?  Seems that the Rice Mail 'FORWARD' command left LISTSERV's

Any comments?  Is this a bug? If so, on whos part?  Or is it just an
unfortunate combination of features acting in a must unexpected synergistic
manner?

                                  Valdis