Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 20 Jan 2001 08:52:02 -0500
At 17:53 01/19/2001 Friday, Anne Harwell Toal wrote:
 >Question for Listserv admins out there: If you disallow attachments as your
 >default policy when creating new lists, are you seeing an upsurge in demand
 >for that restriction to be lifted? I've had to take
 >Attachments= No out of three list headers this week.

I have NOT seen any requests to allow attachments.  Regardless of the
virus potential, attachments are a major pain for a diverse list ... they
"chew" up archives, they exceed our per message line limit, many users
can't open them, many users have to manage their file space, it slows
down message retrieval with all the virus checking going on (some platforms).

/Pete Weiss @ Penn State