Fri, 9 Mar 2007 13:53:13 -0500
Yes, it does work as advertised. One problem is that index output can be
very long for an old and busy list. I guess it might be nice to allow it
for list members, if specifically enabled. Or maybe I'm missing something.

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Nathan Brindle wrote:

>General users I believe can only issue INDEX against a list catalog,
>regardless of the GET FAC you have set.
>
>But you should be able to put comments in that file -- as shown in the
>example in the manual, you preface them with asterisks:
 <snip>>

>At 02:22 PM 3/8/2007 -0500, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>>I have an entry in site.catalog as follows:
>>
>>AUTOCAT.CATALOG e:\autocat\autocat.catalog PRIVATE(AUTOCAT) OWNER(AUTOCAT)
>>
>>My understanding is that this should allow list members to retrieve the
>>catalog entry (get autocat.catalog). Why do this? We have explanatory
>>text in the file that people could find useful. However, we get the
>>message
>>  You are not authorized to access file "AUTOCAT CATALOG".
>>In fact, we get the same message for a list that has "ALL' as the FACs.
>>What am I misunderstanding? Does the access control affect the Index
>>command, not the get .... catalog command? And, yes, owners appear to be
>>able to retrieve xxxx.catalog files.

-- Please send new requests for Listserv owner support to [log in to unmask]
-- Requests for support sent to [log in to unmask] will be delayed.
--
-- Syracuse University Listserv List Manager
-- Listserv webpage: http://listserv.syr.edu