Nick Gimbrone <NJG@CORNELLA>
Wed, 18 Feb 87 18:56:56 EST
>Is anyone else out there being plagued by a lot of duplicate
>listserv mail lately?  For example, I just received two copies of
>Roger Fajman's mailing to NODMGT-L.  The contents are identical,
>including the id in the Received: header, except for  the last digit
>of the time stamp in the Received:  header.  This makes me inclined
>to think that the BITNIC LISTSERV is sending things out twice.  Any
>other possible explanations?
No, I have recieved lots of duplicates of files that differed only in
some details of the header (i.e. files sent to two+ lists :-).
I have been plagued by lots of listservs that don't seem to obey the
NOACK settings I have tried to set for every list I subscribe to (some
of the peers seem to lose track of the fact I said NOACK, I think all
the 'first level' of the ones I talk to are ok). -njg