Valdis Kletnieks <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:24:38 -0400
On Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:15:14 -0000, "Couture, Nicolas" said:
>                 I could, during the night, stop the service (Windows 2012)
> and backup "ListServ" and "Archives" directories.

You really want to back up *the entire server*, not just the one list,
even if it's just onto a $49 USB hard drive you picked up at Walmart.

Windows even comes with a basic backup client suitable to back a laptop,
desktop, or small server up to such a disk.  Fortunately, although there's
a chance of Listserv writing to a file at the same time as you back it up,
the types of files that Listserv uses (primarily basically flat files) means
that even if this happens, the resulting backup will still be usable (as
opposed to databases where internal consistency is lots if a database file
is backed up while being written)

(Disclosure - I work in my employer's "Network storage and backup" team)