Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 09:58:28 -0600
On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 16:10:35 +0200, subramanyeswari
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>I want to delete a set of lists.  I know there is a command in Web gui for this but i want to know is there a way to exeucte this command in a file just like we use ADDing a user to a set of lists iand sending this as a mail to the list server?

No.  When done via the WWW interface, the List Deletion removes the list file
and all related list files (listname.*) as well as any list message archives
and the relevant message archives sub-directories.  There is no equivalent
command for email that does all of this.

By email the only way is the "empty PUT".
Only 1 single line is permitted in the email message body:

 PUT listname.list pw=xxxxxxx

Absolutely nothing can follow this line, no added banners, nothing whatsoever.

This will delete only the listname.list file, and none of the related
listname.* files, although without the listname.list the other files have no
effect and simply take up disk space.  Obviouly you can only delete only 1
list at a time with each such email.  To delete 10 lists, you must send 10
separate emails.