David Bissette <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 15:01:33 -0500
Hello,

I am on the Board of Directors of the National Council on Sexual Addiction and Compulsivity (NCSAC - http://www.ncsac.org ) and we are seeking a group that would host (on a complimentary basis) a listserv for the professional members of our organization.  Its purpose will be to consult with one another about the treatment of sexual compulsion/addiction.  We approached St. John's University and AOL, and both were no longer offering free listserv hosting for organizations.

We have about 380 members at present, most of whom are psychotherapists, and I'm estimating that maybe 30% or so might take advantage of this service.  We are a non-profit organization attempting to educate the public about sexual addiction and encourage treatment for it.  At the present time we publish a quarterly professional journal, host an annual conference, and circulate a newsletter, etc.

I would probably administer the listserv from our end.  I have a fair amount of familiarity with internet related media and could probably do it without requiring much support from your end.  I learned HTML from scratch years ago by downloading the manuals and reading them, and I have designed a number of sites, including my professional one listed below.  I can probably do the same with running the listserv.  I host two other very simple ones on Topica.com, but we are looking for a more professional look than that offered by a listserv that includes advertisements, etc.

Thanks so much for your consideration.  I'll be glad to answer any questions that you have.

I am not on this listserv as a member so please respond to [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

David C. Bissette, Psy.D.
Alexandria, VA

http://HealthyMind.com