Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 22 Jul 2010 14:46:50 -0400
On 7/22/2010 12:10, Joe H. Smith wrote:
> all users subscribed as [log in to unmask] Half of our population is moving to [log in to unmask], or a subdomain that has an mx record pointing out of our domain.  Can I export the signup files to something like excel, change those I want from  [log in to unmask] to [log in to unmask] and then re-save as a signup file?

It is seldom a good idea to attempt to manually edit LISTSERV system files.

I assume that you already know that changing subscribers' addresses in the signup* files
will not change the subscribers' addresses on the lists to which the old addresses are
subscribed; it will simply ensure that the names currently associated with the old
addresses will be associated with the new addresses.  There is a less hazardous way to
achieve this goal: submit a batch job with a 'quiet register' command for each of the new
addresses.  Preface this series of commands with 'ok begin' and end it with 'ok end', so
you receive only one command confirmation request, rather than one for each command.

--- begin example ---
ok begin
quiet register [log in to unmask] First User
quiet register [log in to unmask] Second User
quiet register [log in to unmask] Last User
ok end
--- end example ---

--
Paul Russell, Senior Systems Administrator
OIT Messaging Services Team