Stan Horwitz <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:41:20 -0400
We have a list called WHATSNEW that's used to post announcements
to the Temple University community. Subscription on this list is
voluntary, yet there are some 22,000 subscribers, and only a
handfull of them have the NOMAIL subscription option set.

After switching the editor's address from:

* Editor= [log in to unmask] (What's New)

* Editor= [log in to unmask] (What's New)

and the list has

* Send= Editor,Confirm

included in its header.

messages are no longer distributed. After the editor gets a confirmation
message back from our Listserv 1.8e server, she replies with the
standard "ok" or "ok confirm-code" yet nothing happens. She just gets
back a response via email that says something like

>ok

and then has the CPU utilization stats at the bottom without any
information about how many copies of the message were distributed.

The actual file containing the message that was sent remains in Listserv
"main" directory. This is Listserv 1.8e on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.
The messages are all text, no MIME, nor any attachments of any kind, yet
they just sit in Listserv's main folder, not even in the spool folder.

A request for assistance with this that I sent to L-Soft last week has not
resolted in a soluation to the problem yet. I am wondering if anyone else has
encountered this problem. Several announcements need to be sent out now and
this problem is interfaring with that.

I am going to try recoding the list with

* Send= Editor,Confirm,Hold to see if that works any better.