Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 12:20:02 -0400
Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but a subscriber has
just sent a chain letter to several members (including me) offlist
saying that if you keep sending the chain letter the American Cancer
Society will donate 3 cents per person to some account for helping
some poor fellow get chemo.  The trick is that you have to include
a particular address every time you send it.

My instincts say:  this is a hoax designed to "get" whoever it is
on the receiving end of that same address over and over again.

I vaguely recall hearing about something like this -- does anybody
know?  I would like to stop the damage before it gets worse.

Thanks.

Mary Schweitzer <[log in to unmask]>