Kenneth Udut <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 16:21:29 -0400
                                            [log in to unmask] <Ken>
> >he do about that?
>
> One of five things:
>
> .nothing

True - the full mailbox usually takes care of itself when the person
reads his/her e-mail.

> .delete the user

On rare occasions, I've done this on Y-RIGHTS, especially if it's been a
full mailbox for a week and a half or so.  But rarely.

> .set user NOMAIL (or DIGEST or INDEX)

Most commonly, I switch the person to DIGEST.  This makes for a happier
AOL mailbox, and happier user who doesn't have to trod through tons of
messages.  If I was more familiar with the INDEX, I would probably take
advantage of it more instead.

> .e-mail a collegue of "bouncer" -- if available
> .contact the user outside of e-mail (if that knowledge exists)
> .contact a postmaster (assuming not a fee-based service providor,
>  but someone at an institution e.g., postmaster@some_edu

I haven't done these things, but they *are* good ideas.

--
Kenneth Udut                                          [log in to unmask]
Listowner of [log in to unmask] - discussion on the rights of kids/teens