Harold Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 22 Jun 1991 18:22:25 EDT
The university of Georgia had a wonderful thunderstorm last night.

Among the casualties seems to be our BTI ELC.  It doesn't want to
talk to the world anymore.  Strange.  It will initialize and send all
the right messages to the CPU, and the front panel lights look OK, but
it just doesn't want to talk.  Take the AUI cable off the back and
attach it to the sniffer and there is lots of real nice data.  Put it
back on the BTI and nothing.

Our operations staff is trying to find out what to do about maintenance
now, but it may be Monday before we can request a replacement board and
Tuesday before we can get it installed.

I will try to keep everyone informed of the status here, but you
probably should start re-routing around UGA for the time being.

Mail to me can be sent to [log in to unmask] (my unix
workstation).  In fact, It would probably be a good idea for Michael to
add this address to the pits list.

Harold Pritchett