Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:17:37 -0700
On Wed, 17 Dec 2008 17:12:10 -0600, Marty Hoag <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>"The only files you must not copy are listname.DB* index files in the
>~\lists\listname directory along with the listname.LOGyymmx
>list-message-archive files, and the WWW index files in the
>~wwwroot\archives\listname directory (listname.INDyymmx) and also
>listname.private, if applicable."

Sorry for not being more clear.  :-/

>because I think you DO want to copy the listname.LOGyymmx files

Yes, you do want to copy those files, they are the message archives.  The files
you do not want to copy are the listname.DB* index files (which are machine
specific and will be recreated on the new machine).  I was trying to identify
the directory where these index files are is the same as where the
listname.LOGyymmx files are.

>(the actual notebooks/archives) but maybe everyone knew that.
>It is just how you read the sentence. ;-)

I knew exactly what I meant.  It just didn't come out that way.  :-)